jeudi 28 juin 2007

Millie Jackson

Three albums from Millie Jackson's enough to appreciate the skills of that much underated soul lady.
Here's her first good album (her third actually, I Still Got To Try One Time), her masterpiece (Caught Up) and its very nice follow-up (Still Caught Up) for your listening pleasure!


I Got to Try It One Time (1974)
192


1. How Do You Feel The Morning After
2. I Got To Try It One Time
3. Get Your Love Right
4. Gospel Truth
5. My Love Is So Fly
6. One Night Stand
7. A Letter Full Of Tears
8. I Gotta Do Something About Myself
9. Watch The One Who Brings You The News
10. In The Wash


Caught Up (1974)
192


1. (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don’t Want To Be Right
2. The Rap
3. (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don’t Want To Be Right (Reprise)
4. All I Want Is A Fighting Chance
5. I’m Tired Of Hiding
6. It’s All Over But The Shouting
7. So Easy Going, So Hard Coming Back
8. I’m Through Trying To Prove My Love To You
9. Summer (The First Time)


Still Caught Up (1975)
192


1. Loving Arms
2. Making The Best Of A Bad Situation
3. The Memory Of A Wife
4. Tell Her It’s Over
5. Do What Makes You Satisfied
6. You Can’t Stand The Thought Of Another Man Loving Me
7. Leftovers
8. I Still Love You (You Still Love Me)

links in comments
ENJOY!

3 commentaires:

Jack a dit…

I Got to Try It One Time:
http://massmirror.com/2f5032aa44c439a0a31e2f800f8bcc9c.html

Caught Up / Still Caught Up:
http://massmirror.com/faa7844e3a0bc5fb788e57eb8b944cc3.html

Rock Savage a dit…

Thank You for the Millie. It's nice to have a digital version. Do you have "I just had to say it" ? It would be great to hear that one again.

Thanks Again

Rock Savage

SoulMonkey a dit…

Fantastic! Thanks so much.